Another STRANGE "feature/bug" of libss7 !

Just finished a DAHDI patch for 2.6.1 that keeps the performance
advantages of DAHDI MTP2, while providing the foundation of a
solid/robust/reliable MTP2 implementation in userland:

1 - DAHDI repeats message transmission up to X times, once the message
is transmitted X times, the link starts transmitting flags, X=250
repeats a FISU for about 200ms, then flags are transmitted, forcing the
userland to prove it's alive
2 - Repeated duplicate messages received are omitted only up to Y times,
for instance with Y=120 means aprox. 100ms worth of FISUs, so a FISU
would be received every 100ms, avoiding the userland from thinking the
link is alive when it could be dead
3 - When a DAHDI MTP2 link is configured/closed/asterisk dies, it
automatically transmits LSSU SIOS (Out of Service), and LSSU SIOS are
repeated overriding item 1 (no limit), today if asterisk crashes, the
link will repeat the last message, most likely a FISU, which will fool
the other side that the link is still alive, until the other side gets
wiser !
4 - Instead of repeating MSU (MTP3 or L4 messages), convert that MSU
about to be repeated into a FISU automatically, so there's no need to
send a FISU to update the FSN/FIB
5 - Allows DAHDI MTP2 for dynamic spans, actually DAHDI MTP2 has the
same dchan requirements, with a tiny change, DAHDI MTP2 could be used
with any driver that has dchan mode. This allows testing MTP2
implementations in a virtual machine or laptop without an E1/T1 DAHDI card.

This is incompatible with the current libss7 implementation on the
transmit side (it never sends repeated FISU/LSSU), but that's a pretty
simple patch (part of my STP patch already).

However it's a must to build a robust SS7 stack, that would pass a
serious, through certification test.

Without item 2, OCTET counting mode of MTP2 is impossible to implement.
With it, OCTET counting mode can be implemented with very little overhead.

Again, this isn't free, but I could be bribed to provide this + the
chan_dahdi/libss7 patch that allows this to function.
But libss7 needs a lot of extra features to be proper, beginning with
retransmissions.

Marcelo Pacheco

--
Atenciosamente,

Marcelo Pacheco
M2J Comunica??es e Inform?tica
Fixo: (27)2222-8118 / (27)2233-2296
Vivo: (27)9964-5440
Claro: (62)9161-9047
MSN: marcelo at macp.eti.br
E-mail: marcelo at m2j.com.br

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk App Development]     [PJ SIP]     [Gnu Gatekeeper]     [IETF Sipping]     [Info Cyrus]     [ALSA User]     [Fedora Linux Users]     [Linux SCTP]     [DCCP]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Backpacking]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [ISDN Cause Codes]     [Asterisk Books]