Asterisk AMD Application

Hi all,

i do have a customer request - who does want the AMD Application to inject a sound file on the channel to the called person.

For example:
Asterisk does dial (automatically) a number - something there does answer the call - so asterisk does start the AMD Application to discover for Answering machine. In this time for normal - the called person does hear nothing. My Customer does think that it would be great to be able to play some short music / announcement in this process - to get better results in the Answering machine detection (i don't think so - but hey - lets try).

So - is anyone here who has already done something like this ?

I've already tried to inject music with MusicOnHold - but this will inject the stream on both channels - so the AMD won't work. I assume i have to use some sort of ast_stream_file on the channel to the called person - but i think this function will block. I would need a ast_start_stream_file - and a ast_stop_stream_file function for this - is something like this available ?

br,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Pichler