Re: Using ARI to set callerid for an outdial using pjsip?

> On 15 Sep 2017, at 12:19, Phil Mickelson <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> If you look at the Channel option (https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+15+Channels+REST+API#Asterisk15ChannelsRESTAPI-create) you see the originateWithId POST option.  I believe that's what you want.  And then you specify the caller id you want to use in the callerId query parameter.  It works like a champ.  I can change this easily for what ever customer I'm making the call for.
>
> Hope this helps.  If not, let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks. I'm using Asterisk 14.6 rather than 15 at the moment, but I don't think there should be a difference (I guess I need to carefully read the new features in 15 though),

I'm trying to use the /channels/create  command rather than the /channels command, because I want to be able to bridge the call before the dial-out.

I'll try using /channels instead (if it works it would at least prove that the problem is not in the endpoint configuration), but in the long run I thing I need to be able to do the job using /channels/create