Re: Asterisk AMI Websocket over ARI?

Matthew Jordan wrote:

<snip>

    Can I use the ARI websocket, even if I want to keep my dialplan?

Sure. While ARI uses a subscription model for events, you can get more
events for things going on in Asterisk than just what occurs in your
Stasis application. You do that by subscribing to Asterisk event sources
through the /applications resource [1].

Generally, subscribing to an endpoint or an endpoint technology will
show you the most, as that will subscribe you implicitly to all channels
created for that endpoint/technology.

I'll add to this saying that while this will give you events they may not be the same as AMI and it's not a view of the entire system like AMI can give you. They are just related to the channel. So it may or may not give you what you want depending on what you are trying to do.

--
Joshua Colp