Re: Asterisk AMI Websocket over ARI?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Lukas Hauser <lukas.hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm developing and running an Asterisk application which needs both AMI commands and AMI events.
I would like to send these events and commands through a websocket.

Is there a native Asterisk way how I can enable AMI websocket support?

Nope, unfortunately not.

Can I use the ARI websocket, even if I want to keep my dialplan?

Sure. While ARI uses a subscription model for events, you can get more events for things going on in Asterisk than just what occurs in your Stasis application. You do that by subscribing to Asterisk event sources through the /applications resource [1].

Generally, subscribing to an endpoint or an endpoint technology will show you the most, as that will subscribe you implicitly to all channels created for that endpoint/technology.

Do you plan to provide a AMI websocket?

That's not really how Asterisk development works :-)

While there are plans for larger projects that were discussed at AstriDevCon [2] available for coordination and discussion on the Asterisk wiki [3], these are by no means guaranteed to occur. They are a roadmap, but not a guaranteed delivery.

Asterisk is open source. Anyone, at any time, can write a patch for Asterisk and contribute it back to the project. If someone wanted to add WebSockets to AMI, that'd be a welcome addition. But no one is "on the hook" to provide such a thing.

Currently, I'm not aware of anyone who has proposed that development or has expressed interest in doing it.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Applications+REST+API#Asterisk13ApplicationsRESTAPI-subscribe
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/AstriDevCon+2014
[3] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+14+Projects

--