Re: ARI dial application

Leif Madsen wrote:
On 19 December 2014 at 13:13, Joshua Colp <jcolp@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jcolp@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    You don't need to simulate ringing. You will get an event when the
    outbound channel is ringing and there is a /ring operation you can
    invoke on the caller channel to indicate ringing.

Ah thanks. I think I misinterpreted your original email. The prime thing
to note here is that we don't currently have a way to deal with early
media in ARI. Beyond that, can you think of anything else that should
also be made aware?

Besides early media there's also the stuff that happens in the real world when it comes to dialing. Call forwarding from a remote device, do not disturb from a remote device. Of course because dialing right now doesn't do anything until answer that's taken care of but if not... then you have to decide what to do.

--
Joshua Colp