Re: ARI dial application

On 19 December 2014 at 13:01, Joshua Colp <jcolp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Right now you can't directly replace app_dial with an ARI equivalent because of early media. There is no way to do anything with a channel until it has answered and no way to exchange early media.

So in the mean time, ignoring the "early media" component, for the signalling (or pseudo-signalling perhaps as it where), could you have the left hand channel (channel A) attached to a bridge and then connected to another channel or application in ARI that would provide ringing? (think the 'r' option in app_dial)

If so, you could at least simulate the ringing for now, and then when the other channel answered, move the bridged connection from Channel A to "ringing channel" over to Channel B.

Forgive me for being naive here. My knowledge of the actual constructs available in ARI are still primitive :)

--
Leif Madsen