Re: early media (video)

Fronc Hias wrote:
Hi All,

Kia ora,

I would suggest in the future you use the asterisk-users list for these sorts of questions as it has a wider audience.

I've been looking for information on how to use asterisk and early media
to allow for a video-preview of the caller at the callee's phone for
days... but I haven't been too successful :(

I'm not sure anyone in recent times has tried video in early media but it should theoretically work.

I found that there seems to be a company "2N Helios IP" which claims
(youtube-video) that "their" SIP server is able to provide early video
(using a Grandstream 3157v2 with "preview" enabled), but I would like to
have this with asterisk...

I'm currently using asterisk 12.2.x.
I tried with all kinds of combinations of "prematuremedia" and
"progressinband" in sip.conf and many different
dialplan-extension-"scripts" but to no avail...

sniffing with wireshark shows me, that the caller (doorstation) is
sending H.264 video but the RTP video stream is not passed on to the
callee by asterisk. (establishing a direct-video - without preview -
call does work of course)

is it at all possible with a default asterisk installation? maybe using
chan_pjsip instead of chan_sip?

The channel driver shouldn't have an impact on this. The dialing operation is what relays the early media.

I would suggest you move this conversation to asterisk-users and provide additional information (such as the dialplan, console output, and even turn on debug). I'll follow up there and perhaps others can chime in if they have attempted this as well.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp