Re: ari events stop when two channels join mixing bridge

Ben Klang wrote:

<snip>

If I may expand on this a bit: I think your first bullet is actually a
stand-in for several possible other reasons:

* I want audio to pass through the core, as opposed to directly
between the participants
because…
* I want to record the bridged audio or otherwise gather input from it
* I want to be able to play audio to the bridge or to individual bridge
participants
* I want to be able to quickly mute or unmute certain participants
(without doing gymnastics like a reINVITE)
or, of course:
* I want DTMF

All of the above can be summarized as “I (the application) want to do
something with the media."

I can’t think of a good reason to want audio to pass through core unless
you want to somehow interact with the media. The only other time I would
not want peers to directly exchange media is for NAT reasons, but that’s
something that I want Asterisk to figure out for me, not something the
application should care about.

The bridging framework is smart enough that it can/does/will change to obey these requests when you need them. Now as you mention being able to do the muting/unmuting fast without a reINVITE would require explicitly requesting it to proxy the media.

--
Joshua Colp