Re: ari events stop when two channels join mixing bridge

Ben Merrills wrote:
Hi all,

Hello,

Odd one that keeps cropping up. I've been extending my conference
sample using ARI and I am finding them once a second channel joins a
mixing bridge, after the "ChannelEnteredBridge", I get a flurry of
channel messages (State: up) and then nothing. If I play an audio
file on the bridge, ti plays but no started or finished messages.

When the second called leaves the bridge, messages continue to come
in as normal, starting with the ChannelLeftBridge event.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on? Running on 12.1.0

I talked to Ben in #asterisk-dev about this and we were able to further isolate things.

1. He was being bit by an issue[1] where you can't specify properties when creating bridges, causing his two channels to native bridge and DTMF to not go through Asterisk.

2. Right now with playback/record on a bridge you aren't subscribed to the resulting channel, meaning you don't get events. He's going to raise an issue for this.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-23437

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp