Re: ARI Channel-Exec Suggestion

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 8:09 AM, Ben Merrills
<b.merrills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can I pick back up on this then, and ask if there are any plans to incorporate speech into ARI?
>
> We're using unimrcp at the moment for both ASR and TTS, and would love to be able to access that functionality from ARI too.
>
> In terms of TTS, a short cut might be to include URIs in the audio schema for Play(). This would allow you to easily integrate 3rd party TTS engines that export wav/mp3 etc via a URI. Just a thought :)

I'll be actually going down this path sooner then later. Some of our
clients have been asking for this functionality and I've been checking
out unimrcp too. Like you I'm trying to best figure out how to
interface ARI with TTS / ARS.  I'd be interested to see how others are
doing this and see if we could get some sort of spec going.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)