Re: API/AMI Question

I think I know what is happening.

Somehow the chan_sip module is not being loaded. If I go to the CLI, any of the sip commands:

 sip notify Send a notify packet to a SIP peer
 sip prune realtime [peer|all] Prune cached Realtime users/peers
              sip qualify peer Send an OPTIONS packet to a peer
                    sip reload Reload SIP configuration
sip set debug {on|off|ip|peer} Enable/Disable SIP debugging
      sip set history {on|off} Enable/Disable SIP history
sip show {channels|subscriptio List active SIP channels or subscriptions
         sip show channelstats List statistics for active SIP channels
              sip show channel Show detailed SIP channel info
              sip show domains List our local SIP domains
              sip show history Show SIP dialog history
                sip show inuse List all inuse/limits
                  sip show mwi Show MWI subscriptions
              sip show objects List all SIP object allocations
                sip show peers List defined SIP peers
                 sip show peer Show details on specific SIP peer
             sip show registry List SIP registration status
                sip show sched Present a report on the status of the scheduler queue
             sip show settings Show SIP global settings
                  sip show tcp List TCP Connections
                sip show users List defined SIP users
                 sip show user Show details on specific SIP user
                sip unregister Unregister (force expiration) a SIP peer from the registry

are not working.

So, at the risk of sounding like a fool, I want to build Asterisk 12 without using the new SIP stack (pjsip) and utilize *only* the chan_sip.

Not looking for hand-holding - if it in the Wiki, that would be excellent.

Can someone point me to that, please?

Thanks - Glen

On 29 January 2014 12:04, Matthew Jordan <mjordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Glen Millard <glenmillard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Dan et al;
>
> Okay - what I want to do:
>
> 1. discover what functionality that the Asterisk 12 REST/AMI has - what
> would be the best way to do that please? I see the Wiki on Digium/Asterisk,
> but maybe I am looking in the wrong spots. It does not seem to be clear.
> Once I discover what it is capable of, then I can decide if I can use it
> with what we need to do.

What is up on the wiki right now [1] is certainly more in the realm of
command reference information, so that people writing ARI applications
have some documentation about what resources/operations are available
to them. David has also written page [2] on getting started with ARI,
which is a jumping off point for getting Asterisk configured
correctly, putting a channel into Stasis, and doing basic control of
the channel using ARI.

We're working on some documentation that is more in line with 'how do
I build things', but that's still a work in progress.

In the meantime, you can look at the client libraries that have been
written by various people, that are linked to off of that page. You
may also want to look at some demo applications that were written by
David in Python - these are available with the Python reference
library up on GitHub [3].

> 2. Asterisk 12 - I noticed that the CLI commands seem to be a whole new
> 'language' almost. Is there a way to keep the old Asterisk 11 style and
> before CLI commands?

The CLI commands haven't been changed (although there are some new
ones that have been added for PJSIP). What exactly are you referring
to?

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+ARI
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started+with+ARI
[3] https://github.com/asterisk/ari-py/tree/master/examples