asterisk 12 stasis-http config

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Prakash N <prakash.n at tevatel.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
> Currently we are testing the asterisk 12 beta 2 version.
>
> We are keenly testing the stasis application and ARI.
> While configuring the stasis we found the below files need to be configure
> and corresponding files are missing in asterisk beta 2 version.
>
> 1.  stasis-http.conf
>
> 2.   stasis-core.conf
>
> ref link used :
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+API+Improvements

As noted on the top of the page:

"This page contains the original development plans and notes for Stasis and
ARI. The names and organization of the final implementation are slightly
different (notably, Stasis HTTP became known as ARI)."

That page was used as the project plan for a host of API improvements that
occurred during the development of Asterisk 12. It should not be considered
end user documentation.

stasis-http.conf was replaced with ari.conf.

stasis-core.conf was removed.

Both of these were done before the alpha release.

> The dialplan used :
>
> exten => 7001,1,Stasis(Queue,sales)
>
> We would like to know whether the stasis application is stable ?
> and  if yes, can you please advice us to configure and work on it

Define "Stable".

Asterisk 12 is in beta. As a result, while we have done a substantial
amount of testing - and more testing is currently ongoing - you should
expect that it is not yet a released product. Testing of it and its
features is highly encouraged and appreciated, particularly at this stage.

What's more, Asterisk 12 is going to have a slightly different release
policy to facilitate the engineering efforts of those building applications
on top of Asterisk 12. This means that there will be limited new features
included in the releases even after the first release of 12.0.0. For more
information, see
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Software+Configuration+Management+Policies.
Thus, even after the first release, you should be aware of and tolerant to
small changes and new features in the APIs.

For more information on ARI, see the reference documentation on the wiki:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+ARI

You may also want to check out ari-py on Github. It is a relatively
straight forward Python wrapper library around ARI, and its examples may be
informative in how to use the API.

https://github.com/asterisk/ari-py

--
Matthew Jordan