Implementation of ChanSpy functionality in ARI

Matthew Jordan wrote:

> {quote}
> Whispering or live monitoring becomes creating a snoop channel, creating
> a bridge, and putting another channel in the bridge.
> {quote}
>
> Do you envision the /snoop operation working on multiple channel
> technologies? Or is the snoop-ing channel a specific technology? The way
> that's worded, it makes it sound as if you could not use one SIP channel
> to snoop on another SIP channel directly.

The /snoop operation will work on any channel technology. The channel it
returns is a specific channel implementation called Snoop. Since you can
bridge any technology with any technology anything can act as an active
spyer.

The fundamental difference with this approach is that it's not an
operation which performs "channel A spies on channel B". It's an
operation which performs "provide me a conduit to snoop the media becing
received or sent on channel B". What that conduit ends up being
connected to is up to the application developer.

--
Joshua Colp

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]