ARI object generator

On Oct 21, 2013, at 4:14 PM, Lenz Emilitri <lenz.loway at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/10/19 Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>:
>>
>> There's a number of licensing issues - both with ARI and with PJSIP - that I
>> have as an action from AstriDevCon to get concrete answers on. I should have
>> the answers to this and other questions in the next week or two.
>>
>> As a "non-official, off the cuff, take this with a grain of salt" statement,
>> I'd at least make sure that if you don't want your library released as GPL,
>> don't have any aspect of the resource JSON reproduced verbatim in your
>> library.
>>

> I see this could be an issue with ARI - not much for what I'm doing
> now, because we could always add a second GPLv2 repo, keep all files
> from Asterisk there under the GPLv2 and downloading them when someone
> wants to build the library, that I guess ill not be made very often bu
> the general public

The files are already in a GPLv2 repository - Asterisk's :-)

> - but if you use a dynamically typed language and
> want the interfaces build at runtime (like Javascript Swagger does)
> you need to include the definitions in your software/library, and so
> this end up affecting the licensing you can use. Basically anything
> you do will have to be GPL then.

Not really. Both Swagger.js and Swagger.py work similarly; you just
point the client to the API definitions that Asterisk hosts, and it
builds the object model at runtime. There?s no need to copy the
Swagger API definitions into your project.

> (ari4java update: As of tonight, all objects deserialize okay,
> including messages that are deserialized with their correct Java type
> and interfaces) :)

Very cool!

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]