Event naming conventions

So I am starting to work with ARI events and notice our naming
conventions are not consistent.  I wanted to have a discussion about
maybe coming up with an ideal suffix and stick with it.

For example, we have

StasisStart
StasisEnd

PlaybackStarted
PlaybackFinished

BridgeCreated
ChannelStateChange

As you can see, we are no consistent, the majority of the events end
with 'ed', which is fine it indicates past tense.  So, we we want to
continue with that theme, then all events should be referred to as
past tense.

Additionally, Stasis and Playback events have 2 different toggles
(StasisEnd and PlaybackFinished) again, I don't see a need for 2
different end conventions. Something like:

Started / Stopped

is better with 'ed'. But finished works well too.

Thoughts?

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]