ARI timestamps in Unix format

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Daniel Jenkins <dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Alistair Cunningham
> <acunningham at integrics.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 15/10/13 18:55, Daniel Jenkins wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd rather keep to a single format and for that format to be one that
>>> can be parsed easily - so YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS, it's a big topic and
>>> unfortunately there was never an agreed standard :(
>>

>> Don't forget to add time zone/daylight saving information if using this
>> format.
>>

> Yes, you're right Alistair, that would indeed have to be taken into
> consideration, like Paul said about UTC etc

Yup, give everything as UTC and let application / users consume the
format to whatever they want.  Imagine how crazy it would be if you
have multiple asterisk boxes, cross timezone or in other cloud all
with different base timezones / formats.  Madness!

Since we are on the topic of datatime formats, I'd love to see us be
more aggressive with tagging objects with them.  For example, today
there is no way to tell when a bridge was create from the ARI or
updated, sure you can parse logs and stuff, but give me an created_at
and updated_at fields for each model, that's what I'd really like to
see.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]