Jami: is JACK implemented?

Hi, sorry if this is not the place to ask.

I've been trying Jami for video-calls between a couple of laptops with
Arch and Debian Testing.
I've seen that in Arch one can choose JACK as audio server, which is *awesome*.
But when tried to connect its ports (in the 'Connections' window of
qjackctl) I'd found myself unable to. Is this how it's supposed to be
working right now?
I mean: is JACK implemented/usable, at what extent?
Or what should I do to use Jami over JACK instead of PulseAudio?,
without PA-bridge, just simple plain JACK.

Thanks a lot in advance for any info. Best regards!