Re: lmms not working with rt jack; vst and midi

On 2019-01-13 19:35:21 (+0100), Orm Finnendahl wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>  thanks, your mail brought me to the right solution:
>
> The problem was that I had installed jack and should have had jack2
> installed. It's really a pain with jack vs jack2 vs jack2-dbus. I
> would prefer to have either the version 1 jack lib removed altogether
> or at least get a warning when installing lmms and other pro audio
> apps that the wrong lib is installed.
I know that the jack/jack2 schizm is not ideal (upstream is currently
working towards changing that AFAIK).
The only relevant difference in the implementation should be, that jack2
doesn't have access to ALSA midi (which can be gotten around with by
using a2jmidid).
Other than that, they should operate in the same way.

What exactly leads you to believe, that jack offers "a wrong lib"?
All of the pro-audio applications were actually compiled against jack
(as it's still the default).
Do you have logs to provide some more insight? This might be very
relevant for upstream.

Best,
David

P.S.: In any case, I'm glad this worked out for you!

--
https://sleepmap.de