Re: New additions since some time this year

Am 25.11.18 um 14:54 schrieb David Runge:
> I'm not allowed to redistribute the Steinberg SDK (as a package),
> because of licensing issues [1].

Thanks for the explanation and the link.

It's really shame, though, since some (mostly cross-platform) audio
software only comes in VST format as a plug-in.

> Downloading it every time for every package is an option, but the SDK is
> a moving target, tarball/versioning sucks and their folder structure is
> a mess, too.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to build a package, which
downloads the SDK on the user's system on installation? Sort of like the
flashplugin-installer package on debian does (did?)? Then this could be
included in community and packages in community could be build with VST
support.

I can understand, though, that this would probably not be very robust
and cause a maintenance burden.

Incidentally, many cross-platform audio projects are plagued by the same
issues regarding release archive naming and versioning (I'm looking at
you, Polyphone!), but giada, for example, got this sorted out eventually.

Chris