Re: New additions since some time this year

On 11/20/18 3:47 AM, David Runge wrote:
Hey all,

I'd like to give information on the work being done so far:
Since my last mail regarding the "new packages in [community] topic",
I've added a few more:

* dpf-plugins
* fabla
* luppp
* non-daw (non-{mixer,session-manager,timeline})
* sorcer
* sonic-pi (but that's seriously on its way out again...)
* infamousplugins
* zam-plugins
* rt-tests
* giada
* artyfx
* freewheeling
* avldrums.lv2
* blop.lv2
* eteroj.lv2
* fomp.lv2
* mda.lv2
* midi_matrix.lv2
* moony.lv2
* sherlock.lv2
* vm.lv2
* cmt
* convolv2
* din
* patchmatrix
* spectmorph
* lmms (updated to latest RC)
* sweep
* qmidictl
* qxgedit
* alsa-tools
* python-jack-client
* python-pyalsa
* python-zita-audiotools
* python-zita-jacktools
* zita-jclient
* zita-jclient
* aliki
* jaaa
* jconvolver
* jnoisemeter
* njconnect
* paulstretch
* realtime-privileges
* japa
* lv2file
* noise-repellent
* setbfree
* ams-lv2
* beatslash-lv2
* gmsynth.lv2
* lsp-plugins
* libmusicxml
* dragonfly-reverb
* wolf-shaper
* ssr

@Albert: pd-lua is still on the list, let's get in touch!
@Chris: dexed can also go to [community], I'll look into it!

Most of them are in (at least) one of the audio related groups:
"pro-audio", "lv2-plugins", "dssi-plugins", "vst-plugins",
"ladspa-plugins" or "realtime"

You can have a look with:

pacman -Sg <group_name>

And install the whole group with:

pacman -S <group_name>

I have done some (minor) revamps of the relevant Arch wiki pages ([1],
[2], [3]), but would love to see many more changes (to remove irrelevant
data and add actual good and concise examples).

Enjoy!

David

P.S.: If you have suggestions for more additions, let me know!

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Professional_audio
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Realtime_kernel_patchset
[3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit

Wow, there are like a dozen really amazing things in here that I've never even heard of (and I'm someone who already had a ton of repo/AUR plugins installed)! This is like an an early Christmas present. Thank you!