Re: New additions since some time this year

On 2018-11-20 18:47:34 (+0100), Albert Graef wrote:
> Not sure, you'll have to ask IOhannes. He maintains the earlier
> version in Debian, and we all know how fast that moves. :)
Hm, well, forget about that then. I was more hoping for an integration
in the whole deken ecosystem.

> My fork should still work with Lua 5.2 as well, Lua 5.1 isn't
> supported in either version AFAICT (there have been some incompatible
> changes in the language). I wouldn't want to use anything earlier than
> Lua 5.2 anyway.
Yeah, we don't want to go there. :)
Wow, that external has quite a turbulent history. I hope you can keep it
alive as new upstream!

Only few dependencies it seems, this should be really straight forward.

> Quite. You might want to package 2.6.0 which has been out for a while,
> see https://agraef.github.io/purr-data/. I have a PKGBUILD for the git
> version in the AUR, it should be easy to adjust this for a stable
> release.  Dependencies galore, though. ;-)
omg... indeed.
These two AUR dependencies [1] [2] seem odd though (and quite dated).

Does purr-data compile with fluidsynth > 2.0.0?
I will have to update it eventually.

Wow, lots going on in that PKGBUILD!

Are the submodules [3] special versions of the externals? Ideally one
would like to be able to build those separetely I guess (if possible).
It just looks like this is pulling in a lot of (legacy - such as
cwiid...  ewwww... I just deprecated that!! ;-) ) stuff.
Having yet another slightly modified version [4] of cwiid is just not
very pretty...
All these weird half-dead Nintendo libs... :>

btw: You have to quote $srcdir, as it potentially contains spaces! Most
of the time you can just drop its use though, as all PKGBUILD functions
always start with $(pwd)==$srcdir by default.

> We could politely ask IOhannes (he's the current maintainer) to put
> out a new release. I'll mail him right away.
Thanks!

> I thought so, might be quite some time away, but maybe I'm mistaken.
> Or maybe it went away after the big AUR4 house-cleaning.
The big purge... hehe.
Hm, should be pretty straight forward to do though... I hope.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libunicap/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libsndobj-git/
[3] https://github.com/agraef/purr-data/blob/master/.gitmodules
[4] https://github.com/pd-l2ork/cwiid