Re: package gcr breaks real-time settings

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 18:21:14 +0200, David Runge wrote:
>The realtime-privileges package is a new optional dependency (and is
>flagged as such during upgrade of jack/jack2). Users and admins are
>supposed to read what happens during system upgrade. I can't help
>people reading!
>Therefore, there is no need for any announcement here, as this is all
>completely non-mandatory (optional dependency), too!
>What makes you think anyone would read an announcement, if that person
>doesn't read an upgrade message?
>
>If this [1] is not enough, I don't know what is.
>
>[1]
>https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-proaudio/2018-August/000191.html

We were talking about users who prefer limits.conf over limits.d/* and
the issue is caused by a file installed by the package gcr from the
extra repository.

Perhaps we should focus on Fons' observation.

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 16:55:49 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>For what it's worth, I noticed that after upgrading to kernel 4.18
>I had to increase the memlock limit to avoid error messages almost
>all audio applications.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ uname -a
Linux archlinux 4.18.0-rc8-rt1-1-rt-pussytoes #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Aug 16 13:36:51 CEST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Do you really want to discuss my mistake and the behaviour of a TU
named Eli Schwartz? He didn't hurt me, but he constantly hurts a lot
of Arch Linux users. Not only people with missing skills, but also
users who contribute a lot.