Re: git server changes - how to allow https AND ssh now that /srv/git/xxx.git must be owned by http?

On 6/17/24 00:03, Carl Lei wrote:
What about: create a dedicated "git" user, and run apache as user git?
After all when new files are to be created they will have owner=running
program, which could be a CGI program launched from apache, or a git
program launched from SSH.  If these are two different users it'll
likely become a mess.

Thank your Carl, that is a thought, but one of last resort. I have a LOT of things served by Apache, eGroupware, Nextcloud, several custom authentication frontends to MariaDB and Postgres, and probably more I'm just not recalling at the moment.

With the whole environment built about http:http as user/group, I'm going to exhaust efforts to keep the default Arch setup, otherwise that will add significant changes.