Re: Request to cherry-pick commit fixing RMB issue for Non-Removable Media in Linux Kernel 6.10-rc4

On 24/06/17 05:03PM, J. Gerhards wrote:
> Hi all,

Hey,

> as of linux v6.9.*, a regression has been introduced where the removable
> media bit (RMB) was set for all devices that are hot-pluggable.
> The bit does not accurately indicate that a device is removable.
> Therefore, this issue has been addressed and fixed in commit `a6a75e`[0]
> which was merged under the tag 6.10-rc4[1].
> Is it possible to cherry-pick `a6a75e` and release an update prior to the
> full 6.10 release?

This means that this is probably already a  candidate for inclusion in
the stable trees and will most likely be picked up with 6.9.6 (next
week), as the commit has a "CC: stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", a "Fixes:" tag
and is included in mainline.

If this does not happen, we can still poke the stable team, but usually
they do an awesome job with stuff like this!

If you want to have this included earlier in the Arch Linux' patchset
feel free to open a ticket with the linux package, but IMO the issue can
wait a week, as its not a crash but only annoying (if I undstand
correctly).

> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> Best regards
>
> J. Gerhards