Odd login issue

Hi all

I strange one here  i boot to a text prompt  then login  but

When i enter my username  hit enter it sites there not asking for password then
the login prompt will return  this time  enter my username  hit enter it then
goes correctly to password and logs in perfectly

Now i do not think this is related but  one of the cats knocked a cup of tea
into a keyboard  scrapped it totally alarmingly fast  a Logitec  K270  wireless
 thing so went and purchased a replacement  exactly the same make and model
 changed it over  new usb receiver mouse keyboard    .

It is strange that i only nmoticed it after that

Cheers Pete