Re: Nextcloud 28 Upgrade - Works but Admin Overview fails to see 'sodium' module?

On Friday, 12 January 2024 at 21:35 (-0600), David C. Rankin wrote:
Nextcloud server was updated to 28. The upgrade went well, but with a slight nit in the Admin -> Overview check. It lists:

<quote>

This instance is missing some recommended PHP modules. For improved performance and better compatibility it is highly recommended to install them: sodium. For more details see the documentation ↗.

</quote>

It is complaining that php-legacy-sodium wasn't installed, so we installed in and enabled the module in /etc/webapps/nextcloud/php.ini, (with a "systemctl reload httpd" in between each test) still not seen by nextcloud, so we enabled in it /etc/php-legacy/php-fpm.ini, still not seen by nextcloud, so we enabled it in the main /etc/php-legacy/php.ini -- still not seen by nextcloud -- but it is happily enabled:

# php-legacy -m | grep -i sodium
sodium

 No errors in /var/log/httpd/error.log

No new errors in /var/log/nextcloud/nextcloud.log, just the nagging warning that has been there forever:

 "message":"Module \"apcu\" is already loaded at Unknown#0"

Anybody know why nextcloud 28 Admin->Overview tells you it wants sodium, but then doesn't see it once it is installed.

I had the same warning after upgrading Nextcloud, I made the same steps (installed and enabled sodium in php.ini, restarted php-fpm), and after a minute or so the warning vanished from the Nextcloud admin page. One big difference, however, is that I'm using php and not php-legacy.

Jaron