Re: When I upgrade to dbus-broker should I expect anything to break?

On 1/10/24 09:28, pete wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 21:07:35 -0600
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Archdevs,

    Just got the announcement about the replacement of dbus-daemon with
dbus-broker. The RFC link is rather terse on any problems users may encounter
when upgrading. Will all existing rules be accepted by dbus-broker or should
we expect custom rules to break? (like custom access to embedded devices as
character devices)

    What has been the experience of the devs in making the change?

Be Carefull i now have a totally Trashed system thanks to dbus-broker and i am
not happy need to remove it and get back to dbus  but it has it locked wn tight

Sorry to hear that,

Thankfully, my upgrade went without issue (or I'd be yelling a polarian :) Hopefully those smarter than I on dbus-broker can get you going again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.