Re: Hardware tests and SSDs - Was: When I upgrade to dbus-broker should I expect anything to break?

Hi,

I can confirm that one of two things usually happens before a HDD fails
completely. It makes unusual noises. These noises are so unusual that
you don't need to ask anyone for confirmation because you're not
absolutely sure that it really sounds unusual. The other is voodoo that
looks like many people think their computer has been hacked. In very few
cases has the computer been enchanted or hacked. It cannot be ruled out
that one of the OP's hard drives is close to gving up the ghost.

The smartctl database is often not suitable for checking SSDs. In such
cases, the SMART information must be displayed in an understandable way
by the manufacturer's software. The annoyance can be that the SSDs are
one day very old and the manufacturer discontinued support for the
corresponding Linux software. This is what experienced.

A program that causes no problems with virtually everyone else, which I
have used a lot, causes voodoo on my old and new computer. So at first I
thought it was the first time an SSD had broken. Not so, sometimes there
really is witchcraft. I had to give up using the program to get rid of
the voodoo. There are no issues so far with any of the SSDs.

Regards,
Ralf

--
Voodoo Computer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfnlYbFEiE No dead cat
was used for any of the microphones. This was kind of a "Stairway to