Re: Proposal about AUR affairs

>> 3. The issue and affairs related to which upstream software is
>> included and which PKGBUILD git repo is selected, goes to issues
>> section of aur-meta. For packaging specific problems, it goes to the
>> AUR package git repo.
>
> Overcomplicated, and involves even more places to check for issues.
> Comment section is good enough for this.
>
> It becomes too many points of failure and too much mental overhead,
> juggling issues, comments, emails... its too much... and is why if I do
> choose to maintain packages again, I would 100% exclusively keep it to
> the AUR and not push it elsewhere, so many people recommend that
> workflow but it simply doesn't work.

> Use AUR comment section, if there is an issue, ask for intervention
> from staff, or if they do not respond, submit an orphan request.
>
> Systems for this are already in place, don't see the problem you are
> trying to solve

Issues are simply a more organized way to write comments; they won’t co-exist. It can be weird to follow multiple threads at once and get a lot of notifications when you only want to follow your thread. I’ve also seen people abuse/misuse comments partly due to its name (“comments”). Issues offer more control of notifications and have an actual Ping feature.