Re: Why are all wiki edits undone?

Hello,

I would like to provide some clarification on this.

I looked at the link, and I can't seem to find what edit you are
talking about, please copy the permlink to the edit and then the undo
edit too, otherwise I can't provide specific information on this.

As explained by Aaron, Wiki maintainers/administrators do not use the
mailing list for discussion of edits, if you want real time responses
ask in #archlinux-wiki (they are also friendly and will help you out
into making conventional edits, which are less likely to be reverted).
If you have a specific issue with a user, use their talk page to
discuss it with them.

Firstly, specifying "sudo" is wrong:

$ whoami
someuser

# whoami
root

That is one reason why you would have your edit reverted, because you
haven't used the right syntax, see:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Help:Style#Command_line_text

Contributions are always welcome, but if you are finding a lot of edits
from maintainers on your edits, or your edits being reverted, I
strongly recommend reading ALL of
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Help:Style it is long, but its a must
have for contributing. Make sure to keep track of these, because they
do update quite often with new conventions being added, recently "run
as user" in the section above was added, allowing commands to specify
the user to run them as, always ensure you are up to date with the
style conventions.

Erus_Iluvatar for example, is not subscribed to this mailing list, if
you got an issue with them you should ask to PM them in
#archlinux-wiki, complain there and wait for them to reply, or as I
said above, use their talk page.

Remember to keep it within the code of conduct however :)

Hope this helps clarify why your example would be reverted/rejected,
and it is not because they Wiki is a closed off community.

Take care,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760