Re: What laptop's do you guys like?

I am also pretty happy with my Frameworks (Gen11, Gen12).

What is really disappointing to me is the BIOS Update support.

For Gen12 they only released one Beta BIOS, which closes some

CVEs, but introduced a few new issues. Some users were told to

update to fix some issues, but now they can't downgrade and are

left with some new issues, which were not addressed in over 9

months.

As a prior thinkpad user, I am used to updates every 2-3 months

which fix CVEs. At the moment I consider the support for Gen12

as discontinued. It is the short-lived laptop I ever owned.

There is a very long thread with complaints. [0]

Another smaller issue is, that Chassis Intrusion Detection does not

work reliable, since its state will reset when the battery is removed.

[0]
https://community.frame.work/t/12th-gen-intel-core-bios-3-06-beta/25726/292