Re: Something going wrong with Firefox 116.0.2

On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 19:13:05 +0100
Andy Pieters <arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 16:01:58 +0100
> > Polarian <polarian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  As a quick note, since the UX update, Firefox has become one of the
> > heaviest browsers, overtaking chromium/google chrome.
>

> This doesn't help [you] and I apologise, but this is literally the reason
> why I stepped away from Firefox years ago.
> That and the memory leaks it was constantly suffering from drove me away to
> Chrome.
>
> If Firefox can behave I'd welcome it back in a heartbeat...
>
> On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 at 19:10, Andy Pieters <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 at 18:27, <mirto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 16:01:58 +0100
> >> Polarian <polarian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>  As a quick note, since the UX update, Firefox has become one of the
> >
> > heaviest browsers, overtaking chromium/google chrome.
> >

> > This doesn't help and I apologise, but this is literally the reason why I
> > stepped away from firefox years ago.
> > That and the memory leaks it was constantly suffering from drove me away
> > to Chrome.
> >
> > If firefox can behave I'd welcome it back in a heartbeat...

Makes me wonder  what desktops asre being used KDE /Plasma here KDE for years
from the early days mian problems i had were when i had a look at Gnome  the FF
started being unruley   runnin 116.0.2 on Arch here fully updated  no issues

try using KDE  ..