Re: Something going wrong with Firefox 116.0.2

On 8/14/23 17:01, Polarian wrote:
Yes expect each tab to take anywhere between 500mb to 1gb of memory, this is not a bug this is literally how heavy (bloated, if you want to say it) firefox has become.

That's not how memory works. I routinely have tens of tabs active (and literal hundreds inactive), and my Firefox currently sits at a resident set size right around 500M. Counting memory use is surprisingly difficult (libraries are shared between processes, to name just one thing) and I won't claim to fully understand it myself, but it is simply not true that browsers consume gigabytes of memory per open tab.

Mozilla has not been trustworthy for over a year now, with the integration of tracking such as pocket (saving your personal data to mozilla cloud)

Then don't use Pocket if you don't want to save personal data in Mozilla's cloud?

along with the Mozilla VPN they keep trying to urge you to use to track even more of your data,

Mozilla VPN is a partnership with the VPN service operated by the very well regarded Swedish VPN provider Mullvad [1], which does not track or even store customer data [2]. I can't speak for what, if any, data Mozilla collects via their own front-end to it, though.

[1]: https://mullvad.net/en/blog/2019/12/3/mullvad-partnerships-page-has-been-updated-mozilla/

[2]: https://mullvad.net/en/help/no-logging-data-policy/

/Emil