Re: Xorg 3D acceleration question (Alder lake)

Hello,

No I did not actually check powertop, probably should have.

I have never actually used powertop, for as far as I can remember, I have taken a look at the manpage and the ArchWiki page, and the following seems to have the highest events (so I assume the highest power use?), see the top 3 below (in order):

- tick_sched_timer
- HI_SOFTIRQ
- i915

So third place is the driver for the integrated intel graphics, so I assume it was a valid assumption that the graphics is one of the major power draws.

Is there something specific you are looking for from powertop, it dumps a lot of data and someone who is new to the utility isn't going to get much use out of it at 3:39am in the morning.

Not asking to be spoon fed, just stating I don't have time to read about how to interpret the data at 3am, sorry, so if there is something specific you would like, I can provide it.

Thank you for the response,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760