Re: systemd 254 - How will we disable soft-reboot?

On 8/3/23 12:58, Paul Dann wrote:
On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 at 11:24, David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:drankinatty@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        I read that systemd 254 will enable a soft-reboot similar to how
    windows
    does fast-boot does it. (The Register:
    https://go.reg.cx/tdml/dfd67/64f3cc7f/8aaa3ef6/49jh
    <https://go.reg.cx/tdml/dfd67/64f3cc7f/8aaa3ef6/49jh>)

[...]

        Personally, just like on windows, I want to permanently disable it.

I can't find much information about this currently, but it seems
unlikely to me that soft reboot will be the default behaviour. I expect
there will be a new command for this. We already have "systemd reboot",
"systemd poweroff", "systemd kexec". I imagine this will be "systemd
soft-reboot".

But if anyone has some hard facts, I'd be interested.

Paul

Very easy to find:

systemctl --help | grep boot

  reboot                              Shut down and reboot the system
  kexec                               Shut down and reboot the system
with kexec
  soft-reboot                         Shut down and reboot userspace
                         Currently supported by verbs: halt, poweroff,
reboot,
                             kexec, soft-reboot, suspend, hibernate,
     --no-wall           Don't send wall message before
halt/power-off/reboot
                         next reboot
     --firmware-setup    Tell the firmware to show the setup menu on
next boot
     --boot-loader-menu=TIME
                         Boot into boot loader menu on next boot
     --boot-loader-entry=NAME
                         Boot into a specific boot loader entry on next
boot
     --when=TIME         Schedule halt/power-off/reboot/kexec action after

--
Maderios