Re: Can I "vote" for updating an outdated package?

Hello,

Hmm but our bug reporting guidelines [1] says "A bug already fixed
upstream but not in Arch because the package is not up-to-date" does
not count as a bug, that's why I started in this list...

I was not aware of this, I do not remember who it was, but I remember being told by one of the TUs to report issues to the bug tracker so that the maintainer was aware that a bump in the package would patch major bugs.

Either that advice was wrong, the advice is controversial (as in, TUs opinion on it differ), or the ArchWiki simply does not reflect reality.

I guess wait for a comment from a TU on this one.

It is also highly likely that I am just an idiot and took the advice of one TU the wrong way, I am known to do that :/

Sorry for misinformation,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760