Re: Arch Linux Questions

Le 12/07/2023 à 13:59, Source Code a écrit :
Hello, I wanted to clarify something else:
1. I understand Arch Linux is absolutely free? And all the proprietary programs that are related to Arch Linux are also free, and I don't have to pay for them, right?
Yes, Arch linux itself is absolutely free of charge.

Proprietary software available on the Arch repositories are free to download but some of them may require a paid license/subscription to be used or to access specific functionalities (just like you have to pay for a subscription to be able to use Spotify in its entirety for instance). But this is nothing to do with Arch Linux itself, this is something proper to each software themself.

2. Proprietary programs are associated with programming or anything else that I can download, they may already differ in license (be paid or free), right?
See previous answer.

--
Regards,
Robin Candau / Antiz