Re: Help debugging random lockups

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 09:15:06 +0100, Spencer Collyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the ideas folks. I especially like Andy's idea of
> setting up netconsole - I've still got my old desktop machine available
> so will give it a go setting that up at the weekend.
>
> I'm hoping it's not a hardware fault - I'm not  a hardware hacker.
> Hopefully the fact it ran fine for six weeks means the hardware
> shouldn't be the problem.
>
> Any further ideas gratefully received :)

I had similar issues a while ago and posted about them here. Folks were
really helpful! Everyone asked me for a lot of system specs, like
processor and graphics card and memory, as well as any major software
packages you're running. Specifying those would give people some
additional information and direction to provide better assistance. I
also suggest you look at that thread:

https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/list/arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/SZRWQBDQPZ5FRLJC3OMEITTHBZLBTM4D/

There are many helpful suggestions there; try the ones that are
relevant.

--
Cheers,
Luna Celeste