Re: What can be done to prevent messages from cluttering up log files?

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 at 19:07, Luna Celeste <luna@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
snip
As with most (all?) solutions looking for a problem, this, too, is quite
disconnected from reality.

Actually, I *have* this problem. But it is on C7. What it is, is a docker child that keeps sending logs entries, several times a second, up the chain to the host's system journal.

The docker children are launched with docker-exec and because we are running a 3rd-party code we cannot modify the source without getting it re-certified and tested.
Given the 6 figure number involved in those 2 steps, we are stuck with having to deal with the log entries as they come in the system journal.

So this is not a solution looking for a problem. I hadn't spoken up before because it is on C7 and therefore on systemd219...