Re: moving /boot

On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 03:41:15PM +0000, u34@xxxxxxx wrote:

> As far as I remember, what you wrote, including reinstalling syslinux, does
> the trick.

It's what I did, and it did the trick.

> Aren't there wiki articles about these subjects?

There are, but they can be confusing.

The information is spread over multiple pages, and exploring
these quickly feels like entering a never-ending rabbit hole.
You basically never know if you've seen all of it and if the
info you have is complete. Which is why I asked.

It's of course a complicated subject, just consider

  MBR   or  GUID
  BIOS  or  UEFI
  GRUB  or  Syslinux

Which already leads to (in theory) 8 possible combinations,
and then we are ingnoring LVM, RAID, encryption, and probably
a lot of other variations which interact in not always very
clear ways.

Ciao,

--
FA