Re: Can not build arch v6.2.* linux. Does that much swap space required?

Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's much likely that you cannot build a kernel in tmpfs.
> By default your 4G RAM are 2G tmpfs. However, if you configure to build
> a slim kernel, it might work, let alone that you should get an "out of
> space" error, if you run out of space. Swapping by providing way enough
> swap space never worked for me, if tmpfs didn't provide enough storage
> space or inodes.
>
> If you add something like
>
> tmpfs          /tmp            tmpfs nodev,nosuid,size=3G     0 0
>
> to /etc/fstab it might not help. Better build outside of tmpfs.
>
> Since you don't get an "out of space" error message there much likely is
> another issue.

I did nothing to make it use tmpfs. Should I explicitly take some actions
to get it outside of tmpfs?
As I wrote in
https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/users/cbdfe95166fd49d4a2c1d93823f416aa/
, before v6.1.6, or so, I could build a much trimmed down configuration.
Than too, I took no explicit actions to take it outside of tmpfs.

--
u34