Re: Can not build arch v6.2.* linux. Does that much swap space required?

Hi,

it's much likely that you cannot build a kernel in tmpfs.
By default your 4G RAM are 2G tmpfs. However, if you configure to build
a slim kernel, it might work, let alone that you should get an "out of
space" error, if you run out of space. Swapping by providing way enough
swap space never worked for me, if tmpfs didn't provide enough storage
space or inodes.

If you add something like

tmpfs          /tmp            tmpfs nodev,nosuid,size=3G     0 0

to /etc/fstab it might not help. Better build outside of tmpfs.

Since you don't get an "out of space" error message there much likely is
another issue.

Regards,
Ralf

--
No Gigbyte support without a Windows installation! This is more than
simply not supporting Linux.

For Gigabyte motherboard support I need to provide a screenshot of the
msinfo32 output. They don't accept providing the information about the
used BIOS version and similar without such a screenshot. No msinfo32, no
support, even for something unrelated to an installed operating system,
like the power-on self-test. However, one of my issues is related to
Linux as the PC speaker doesn't work with Linux so I asked support to
test if the PC speaker works with Windows as this could be an all OS
issue. They didn't check if a PC speaker can be used with Windows.