Re: Qwt is currently built with Qt5 - should I mark the package as out-of-date?

Looks like this should be treated as an upstream qwt issue. Thanks for the input!

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 11:27 PM Erich Eckner <arch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 29 Mar 2023, Peyton Murray wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Peyton,

> Sorry if this is a naive question, but qwt is currently being built with
> Qt5, which is nearing end-of-life, while Qt6 has been out for a while. I'd
> like for qwt to be built with Qt6, but I'm not sure if this means the
> package is out-of-date strictly speaking, so I figured I'd ask here before
> marking the package as such. What's the right way to deal with this?

Personally, I would rather open a bug for this. Reasons:

* if there are any obstacles regarding building with Qt6, a bug is more
appropriate to bundle issues, discussions, efforts, ...

* technically speaking, the package is not outdated (yet)

* If for whatever reason qt5 got removed from the repositories and the
package still was not rebuilt, it would *definitely* be a bug.

* If for whatever reason, you're wrong, the maintainer can close your bug
and tell you (and everyone else), what's wrong, in the reason.

> Best,
> - Peyton

regards,
Erich