Enabling CSM fails, can somebody recommend a bootloader

Hi,

I am currently building a new PC. Migrating the drives from an Intel
Celeron with integrated GPU, mobo Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H to an Intel Core
i3 13th Gen, mobo Gigabyte B760M DS3H DDR4 does cause some issues.

The PC is a Linux multi-boot machine. The old SATA SSDs are all MBR
drives, a new NVMe SSD is a GPT drive.

The old PC's bootloader is syslinux. The Arch install's root directory
holds all kernels, the Arch kernels, but also the kernels from the other
Linux installs (an ancient Suse, Ubuntu etc.).

Disabling Intel platform trust technology and secure boot works, but
enabling CSM (legacy boot) fails. I read that on modern Intel machines
CSM cannot be enabled, when using the internal GPU. I wonder if this is
correct?!

I also read, if I need to stay with EFI boot, that continuing using
syslinux for a multi-boot Linux machine without chainloading, by keeping
all kernels in one partition, could become a PITA or even impossible.

Does anybody know, if it's possible to enable CSM? Maybe I forgot to
disable or enable something else, before enabling CSM can work.

As a temporarily workaround, to continue building the new PC, I
installed Xubuntu, from a pendrive that was at hand. It installed GRUB2,
so I can boot Arch Linux from the old MBR drive.

If I should need to stay with CSM disabled and if syslinux should not
work to boot all Linux installs, is there another alternative bootloader
available that is similar to syslinux? If possible I will not stay with
GRUB2.

FWIW aur/r8125-dkms (chaotic-aur/r8125-dkms) works without issues [1].
Thank you aravance!

Regards,
Ralf

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/r8125-dkms