Re: Systems unbootable

El jue, 16-03-2023 a las 02:47 -0700, nihilistzsche escribió:
> Yes when I mount them while in the rescue environment they are
> writable and data persists so I don’t see any corruption.

In that case the only thing I can think of is that for some reason the
disk identifier has changed. When you boot the kernel you are passing
it as a parameter which is the root partition, something like this:

vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=fa043186-0fbf-4c8d-a17a-a190813b9d1f rw
rootflags=subvol=@

Check that this value has not changed and that it is still the same,
because if it has been modified then it may be that it stays "thinking"
eternally waiting to find it (although it seems strange to me because
it should give an error, but well, who knows).

> As for btrfs on lvm i understand it’s unnecessary but I’ll just say
> it’s personal preference and I don’t normally need to ask for help
> but as i can’t get my systems to boot I have no choice.  Been running
> these systems are almost nine years now and this is the first time
> I’ve run into an issue that wasn’t obviously caused by myself or
> easily fixed.

No, if you are happy with that setup, nothing to object to. I was
simply commenting because using btrfs you can simplify it and eliminate
possible points of failure.

Greetings.

--
Óscar García Amor | ogarcia at moire.org | http://ogarcia.me