Re: [arch-announce] Switch to the base-devel meta package requires manual intervention

El mié, 15-02-2023 a las 10:08 +0100, Jelle van der Waa escribió:
> This is not an option as devtools which requires sudo is not
> compatible
> with doas (for usage outside of the build chroot). If it was then
> sudo
> could become optional potentially.

Yes, you are both right. I was just thinking of extremely simple cases
in which nothing more than becoming root is expected, hence why I
commented that it doesn't have a simple solution (apart from the fact
that it makes no sense to mark doas and sudo as a conflict since both
can coexist in the same system perfectly well).

The only real solution would perhaps be to indicate that `sudo` and
`doas` provide a third party, which we could call `become-root` (I'm
not very good at giving original names), and in those packages that
support `sudo` and `doas` interchangeably indicate that they depend on
`become-root` and that you can choose. That said, if you have any
package that depends (hard) on `sudo` you will have to install `sudo`
no matter how much you don't like it.

Greetings.
--
Óscar García Amor | ogarcia at moire.org | http://ogarcia.me