Re: Split apache package

Hello,

your mails are single-handedly flooding my list mbox - please be mindful of others when interacting with mailing lists, perhaps collate your emails into fewer.

Sorry, however I do not know what I meant to do about this, I compress as many comments into a single email as possible, it is not like I send tons of emails, unfortunately I can not anticipate what people are going to reply with until they do, and then I reply back.

I am aware I am very active on the mailing list, you are far from the first person to bring this up, but I am not too sure what I meant to do.

I am not spamming or abusing the mailing list, I am simply asking questions, and getting support, I have been recommended to join the IRC channels so I might do that instead, but I drastically prefer communication over email and that is why I am so active on the mailing list.

don't knowingly and intentionally break the rules, over silly issues at that.

I think you misunderstood, it is not intentionally breaking the rules, because it is a region which is subjective, yes it is repackaging already packaged software, but its packaged in a different format, thus it should not be breaking the rules, but it is subjective to whatever TU who reviews the package at that moment in time.

I assume from your point of view this breaks the "do not have duplicate packages" guideline, but when I ask myself "is the package different enough to warrant a new package?" my brain says yes.

By the way I do not know all TUs by name, and if you are not using your @archlinux.org email address I might miss the fact you are a TU, if I have accidentally questioned a TUs authority I apologise, TUs have went through an application process and know what they are talking about, I am not saying non-TUs don't, just they haven't been verified :) (I feel like I am digging a hole for myself which this awful articulation, I hope you get the point I am trying to make, I question to ensure I have the right information, not to be an a**hole)

Again sorry for flooding your inbox, not sure how I can fix this issue though, I might try moving my smaller questions over to IRC, but that is about it... I do not know what else to do...

Thanks,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760