Split apache package

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion for the apache package, I was not too sure which mailing list to put this in, so I picked the general mailing list for the avoidance of doubt :P

So the apache package:

https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/apache/

Currently contains tools which are used by nginx users, and the issue is that is that you can only run one webserver as once, they both are going to try to bind to port 80 and 443 so you got to choose.

htpaswd utility is used by nginx users too, and the issue is they have to install the entire apache web server in order to be able to use the single utility.

I suggest splitting the package into apache-utils and apache, or, if the maintainer(s) are willing to maintain it, split the utilities into their own separate pacakge and use apache-utils as a group of all the subpackages (htpasswd, htdigest etc).

I feel this would be a good change so that nginx users do not need to install the entire apache web server just to use the apache utilities which nginx suggests to use within their documentation (see https://docs.nginx.com/nginx/admin-guide/security-controls/configuring-http-basic-authentication/)

As you can see in the guide, Debian, Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS and Oracle Linux already have seen this issue within their own repositories and split the packages up, why can't arch linux?

Thanks for reading this suggestion,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760