State of Netbeans package

Hello everyone,

I'm using NetBeans as IDE for Java development. In the past, the NetBeans package in Arch Linux was updated soon after the NetBeans project published a new release. But now the NetBeans package is flagged as out-of-date since September. But there are no bugs in the bug tracker that show that there are technical issues which prevent an update.

Is there of lack of resources on the side of the maintainer, or what is the reason that the package hasn't been updated yet? Because if the package will not be updated in the near future, I may either switch to the AUR package, or to download NetBeans directly from Apache.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience yet with creating packages for Arch Linux. If I had already some experience with building packages for Arch Linux, I may would be interested in supporting the maintainers of the NetBeans package, or even taking over the maintainer role for the package if the package is looking for a new maintainer. But I'm also not sure if I have the time resources for maintaining such a package.

Best,

Jens